Here at 716 Realty Group, we strive to provide a professional, smooth, and rewarding experience throughout your home selling process. We believe that the most important element of your property marketing materials is photography. We hire the best local professional photographers in order to market your home to its highest potential and to in turn receive the highest possible offer. Your home’s marketing will dramatically impact your buyers’ opinion of your house and your sales price. The photos have to grab people, to make them want to read your full property advert and to arrange to see your property in the flesh.
Helpful Guidelines and tips to prepare your home for listing photos:
For all areas:
- Complete a thorough cleaning (including vacuuming, mopping, wiping countertops, and washing windows throughout the entire house)
- All overhead lights should be turned ON.
- Replace any burned-out or missing light bulbs.
- Verify that the same temperature of the light bulb is carried out throughout the home – either ALL incandescent or ALL compact fluorescent. This will ensure the best lighting and the best look for the photos.
- Turn off all ceiling fans.
- Shut off all televisions.
- Turn off all computer screens.
- Allow in natural light by OPENING all blinds or window treatments.
- Make the beds nicely and neatly.
- Remove personal photographs.
- Eliminate all small area rugs.
- Put away shoes and jackets in closets.
for maximum curb appeal:
- Close the garage doors
- Remove cars from driveway and along the front
- Perform landscape maintenance such as mowing the lawn, trimming shrubs, and raking leaves.
- Pick up/put away misplaced items such as toys, empty planters, water hoses, and garden tools.
to create a relaxing ambience in the backyard:
- Clean and straighten deck, patio, outdoor tables, chairs, cushions, etc.
- Eliminate faded/stained cushions, pillows, or patio umbrellas
- Pick up/put away toys, athletic equipment, and games
- Vacuum, skim, and clean pool and surrounding area
- Remove/conceal pool equipment, chemicals, and cleaning supplies
- Activate any pool fountains or water features
- Put away water hoses
- Remove trash cans
- Clean and clear countertops
- Put away/conceal baking supplies, knife blocks, cutting boards, etc.
- Keep a maximum of one small, visible appliance such as the coffee maker.
- Remove any magnets, papers, or photos from the refrigerator for a clear outside surface.
- Conceal garbage cans.
- Leave no dishes in the sink.
Create the setting for a family meal in the dining room:
- Clear the dining room table
- Dust/Polish the table
- Set up decorative place settings if applicable.
- Include one centerpiece, such as a vase of flowers.
- Make sure chairs are straightened, pushed in, and spaced evenly.
Enhance the appearance of the family room:
- Eliminate stacks of papers, mail, magazines, and clutter.
- Clear the fireplace mantle/hearth, leaving no more than five items.
- Clean the interior of the fireplace.
- Arrange and fluff any decorative pillows.
- Pick up and put away any toys or stray items.
Create an inviting sense of relaxation in the bedrooms:
- Press bed linens and bed skirts to eliminate wrinkles.
- Make the beds.
- Clear nightstands of personal items and clutter.
- Put away any phone or tablet charging cables.
- Clear surfaces of dressers.
- Remove any personal photos from walls and dressers.
- Clean under the beds and tuck away items that might show in photos.
- Remove soap, toothbrushes, medications, cosmetics, and all personal items.
- Entirely clear countertops.
- Put toilet seats down.
- Close drawers and closet doors tightly.
- Remove soap, shampoo, and all items from showers and tubs.
- Remove floor mats.
- Remove used bath towels, hand towels, or washcloths.
- Display only new, unused towels.
Homes with Pets-
While we love ALL pets, their presence should be minimized:
- Remove food and water bowls, pet toys, and bedding.
- Apply a lint roller to furniture and thoroughly eliminate pet hair.
- Contain pets outdoors or in a hidden crate.
- Clear the yard of pet waste, toys, or leads.
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson