You know the saying: “there is never a right time” Well, there is when it comes to selling your house in WNY! and that time is right now!
- Show it well
- Market it well
- Price it well
Other Tips & Tricks:
- Declutter the house. When a potential buyer comes to look at the house, the last thing he or she wants to see is clutter. If necessary, rent a storage unit to temporarily store some of your belongings.
- As your realtor, we can offer options and help for staging your home, or provide contacts to hire a professional stager.
- Our team always has an experienced photographer take great images of your home and property. Whether buyers are looking online or in person, you only get one chance to make a good first impression.
- Hire the right Realtor to represent you. We always encourage our potential clients to interview three different agents from three different firms. Make sure you select a Realtor that you are comfortable dealing with and has firsthand knowledge of your neighborhood and community.
- Price it right. Your Realtor should do his or her homework and determine the perfect price based on current market conditions and comparable housing sales.
- Spread the word. As your Realtor, we always market to the next level! Do you use social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram? If so, you can do your part and use these platforms to promote your home sale to your friends, family, colleagues and neighbors.
- Remove personal items from the house. Potential buyers want to picture themselves in the home, not you and your family. If your home is filled with personal items and family photos, it is best to put them away until you have found a new home for them.
- Make small repairs and upgrades. With our help, we will go through every room in the house and see if there are one or two things that need attention and are also a quick fix. Can’t forget to give each room a good cleaning. Dirt and odors will scare away many potential buyers. We have contacts and professionals that can assist in this as well.
- Bright is good! We can provide our expertise and suggestions. Minimally, add some high-wattage light bulbs and, if necessary, apply a fresh coat of paint using a light and neutral color.
- Don’t neglect the outside! Depending on the time of year, make sure the lawn is freshly mowed and the trees and bushes are trimmed of overgrowth. Being that we are in the winter months, make sure the driveway and walkways are cleared of ice and snow.
- Be aware of your options! You can often help the process move quickly by setting a hard deadline for offers. If buyers truly like the house, they will likely come in with a strong first offer.
- BONUS! Offer some incentives such as including the appliances in the sale, or maybe a flat screen television or the lawnmower and snowblower. I market free chicken wings with the purchase of a home- can’t get more Buffalo than that!
As you can see, hiring the right Realtor is a huge step in the home selling process. Our firm promises as your Realtor, we will help prepare and market the house to get you the highest asking price. Sell with us. Trust in us.